At CVS Group we are committed to protecting the privacy and confidentiality of information (“Personal Information”) entrusted to us. We understand the importance of looking after the Personal Information that you provide and this notice (“Privacy Notice”) sets out what Personal Information we collect, why we need to collect it, how we will use it and how long we will store it for, in the capacity of providing employment opportunities.
Who we are
We are CVS (UK) Limited (“CVS”), a member of the CVS Group plc group of companies. We provide employment and locum opportunities, which can be sought directly with us or through an employment agency, acting on your behalf.
How we will collect your Personal Information
The personal data we collect regarding career opportunities at CVS is primarily provided by you (or by an employment agency acting on your behalf), as part of your application or when you register on the website to receive job alerts/updates such as:
Name and postal address
- To allow us to identify you, contact you, personalise our correspondence with you, track your applications and to obtain references and background checks.
- To request additional information from you.
- To invite you for interview or assessment.
- For hiring and on-boarding successful applications – such as referencing and background checks.
Phone numbers and email addresses
- To allow us to contact you in relation to you application and other similar opportunities within the CVS group that we think you may be interested in. If you do not wish to receive information about other opportunities, please let us know at any stage.
- Including your academic and professional qualifications, and professional memberships and work history and experience.
- To allow us to verify your suitability for the role you have applied for, to obtain references and to recommend different opportunities within the CVS group that you may be interested in and that match your level of experience.
- Identify talented individuals by searching our own talent pool and public sources (such as social media sites and job boards you are registered with, examples of these being LinkedIn and vetclick.com).
Personal identification information
- To allow us to comply with UK legislation to ensure employees are eligible to work in the UK and/or as part of a visa sponsorship process and to prove your right to work.
Type of opportunity/opportunities you are looking for
- To allow us to provide you with information about opportunities that we think you may be interested in.
Information provided during your interview/s and assessment/s
- To allow us to confirm your suitability for the roles you have applied for.
User name and password to apply via the CVS Career site
- To enable you to access the Website. Please note that we cannot provide your log-in details, please follow the relevant links to re-gain access to your profile.
Dietary and access requirements when registering for interviews/assessment events
- To allow us to make reasonable adjustments to ensure all candidates are able to attend interviews and assessments.
We also obtain personal information from third party sources such as:
During the recruitment process we will also create personal data relating to you including interview and assessment notes and scores, offer details and correspondence for example with former employers for the purpose of obtaining references.
How we will use your Personal Information
We will use your personal information in the purposes of recruitment and employment to:
Who we share your Personal Information with
In order to progress your application through the recruitment process and to ensure that we are providing the best service:
We will retain your Personal Information for differing periods of time, depending on nature and content (such as whether an application is successful or not), however, for job applications and alerts, records are usually retained for a period of 24 months and your consent will be requested and required for any period beyond this. In the event that you are successful with your application, we will use your Personal Information with the CVS HR team and your data will be retained for the period of your employment and for seven years following the end of your employment.
Keeping your data secure
We recognise the importance of keeping your personal data safe and we have in place security measures and policies to prevent personal data from being lost, used or accessed without our permission. We limit access to your Personal Information to those who have a genuine business need to know it. Those processing your information will do so only in an authorised manner and are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We also have procedures in place to deal with any suspected data security breach. We will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected data security breach where we are legally required to do so.
The General Data Protection Regulation grants all data subjects the following rights without charge. These include the right to:
For further information on each of those rights, including the circumstances in which they apply, see the guidance from the UK Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) on individuals’ rights under the General Data Protection Regulation.
If you would like to exercise any of your rights, please contact email@example.com. In order for us to deal with your request efficiently, please provide:
How to contact us
By email firstname.lastname@example.org
Or write to us at CVS House, Owen Road, Diss, IP22 4ER
CVS (UK) Limited (registered number 3777473) is a company registered in England at CVS House,
Owen Road, Diss, Norfolk, IP22 4ER and is the Data Controller.